Friday 18 July 2014

Oregano scrambled eggs with potatoes and onions


 I love the idea of eggs and potatoes fried together. I am crazy about tortilla. This one time my friend went on a holiday to Spain and took cooking lessons in Seville. For days after she returned I pestered her to make me Tortilla until she finally did. I have my eyes on the Chorizo she had brought back and that went into the Tortilla too. Anyway, so this avatar of the humble scrambled eggs is inspired by the Tortilla. I have added some Piri Piri chilies to up the heat quotient!


Ingredients 

Eggs: 2
A splash of milk
Finely diced potatoes:
Finely chopped onions:
Finely chopped piri piri chilies or red chilies - To taste
A pinch of died oregano
Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Butter - 2 tbsp 
Salt and pepper to taste


Method

Whisk the eggs with salt, pepper and oregano. 

Heat butter in a pan and add the potatoes with a pinch of salt. Fry until soft and light golden. 

Add the onions and fry for a minute. 

Add the eggs and cook on medium low heat until cooked soft and fluffy. 

Add the cheese and remove from heat. 

Serve on crusty bread with a side of tomato and rocket salad! . 

No comments:

Post a Comment