Sunday 6 July 2014

Mutton Boti Kebab




So, this was the second item on last night's menu and it was quite the hit. For me nothing beats red meat when it comes to kebabs. Chicken seems like a compromise really. Mutton Boti Kebabs are my absolute favourite. Incidentally, the best one I have ever had were at a Kashmiri food stall at a Handicrafts fair here in Calcutta. I have never had something like that ever again. I was a kid then, this must be 20 years ago. But I still remember the experience. My mum was very strict about my eating out and I was only given a piece while the elders chomped on one kebab after another. I still think of that evening and regret. Wish I had had a few more. 

By the way, the sun is out now, after over a week. My spirits are high and I think I am ready to put on my baking gloves. Stay tunes for another Birthday special. I am not much of a baker, for the first time today, I am going to bake a Birthday cake for loved one. Wish me luck! 

Mutton Boti Kebab


Ingredients

Boneless mutton (boti) - 1 kg 
Mustard oil - 1/4 cup 
Minced raw papaya - 1 tbsp 
Ginger paste - 2tbsp 
Garlic paste - 1 tbsp 
Green chili paste - 2 tbsp (or to taste) 
Cinnamon powder - 1/2 tsp 
Salt to taste



Method

Marinate with all ingredients for at least 12 hours. I insist on overnight marination in this case.

Grill meat on skewers, straight on the fire or in the oven at 200 degree centigrade until tender and charred around the edges, about 20 minutes approximately.

Serve with lime wedges, pickles onions and coriander-mint chutney!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment