Friday 18 July 2014

Doi Shorshe Scrambled Eggs


This is the simplest of the lot. So while I was making a list of all the different kinds of scrambled eggs I would make for this series I realised while I had different kinds inspired by different cuisines across the country and from around the world, there was nothing with a touch of Bengal. So, I concocted one myself. Bengali cuisine is synonymous with mustard oil. Now in Bengal an omlette is often fried in Mustard oil. By the way we are known to call our Omlettes, Mumlettes.Yeah, so I made scrambled eggs in mustard oil and added to it a little Kasundi, a typical Bengali Mustard relish. And instead of whisking the milk with cream or milk, I used yoghurt. The result was fluffy, soft scrambled eggs with a pungent kick that'll keep you asking for more!


Ingredients 

Eggs - 2
Yoghurt - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Finely chopped green chillies - 2
Kasundi - 1tsp
Mustard oil


Method

Whisk the eggs, yoghurt and salt together. Toss in the chopped green chilies too.

Heat mustard oil,but do not let it smoke. Reduce heat to minimum and add the egg.

Cook for about 30 second and add the Kasundi/mustard relish and then scramble and cook until soft and fluffy.

Serve with chapatis or on toast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment