Sunday 11 May 2014

Chili Fudge Dip


Ok. The summers always drive me up the wall. I wish I was born in Greenland. I love cold. And here I am struggling through life in this tropical heat. By the way, isn't it funny that Greenland should be all ice, literally, and Iceland, lush green?  Anyway, the last week I have spent as little time in the kitchen as I could. So mostly, I have trumped up salads and now this dip. I think dips are great. They are easy to make and takes little time, ccan be made way in advance and the best thing to serve with some chips, fresh cut veggies and crackers if friends should decide to invade. And during summers especially, they are life savers for me.
Now I really started out to make Fudge the other day, and guess what I ended up making a savoury dip. Check it out.


Ingredients
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Chili flakes – 1 tbsp
Vinegar – 2 tbsp
Heavy Cream – ¾ cup
Salt to taste
Dried basil – 1 tsp 

Olive oil – 120 ml



Method
In a pan caramelize the sugar until it’s a deep golden, add the cream and stir vigorously until well combined. 

Add salt, chili flakes and dried basil. Remove from heat and stream in the olive oil whisking vigorously, followed by the vinegar. Whisk in well until well combines. Chill.


Best with: Crackers, Fresh Cut Raw Vegetables,  or even Toasted Papad! 


No comments:

Post a Comment